The Bushwakker Brewpub was created on the main floor of the Strathdee Building, a classic warehouse in what is known now as Regina’s Old Warehouse District. The area contains many restaurants, nightclubs, bars and pool halls. The Strathdee was built in 1913 out of the rubble of the Great Regina Cyclone (actually a tornado) of 1912, on the site of a former Chinese laundry, and opened in 1914. It was the “cadillac” warehouse of the area. The front of the main floor housed offices and a display area, with a beautiful pressed tin ceiling. The ceiling was restored to its original glory as part of the Bushwakker development.
The decor is in earth tones with light to medium natural wood finishes. The visitor does not forget that he/she is in a restored warehouse. The walls are decorated with dozens of pictures showing the historical development of Regina, including the aftermath of the Great Cyclone. One wall is devoted to the works of a Saskatchewan artist of the month. The brewhouse is visible through large windows.
The Bushwakker Brewpub has 9 regular beers (brewed year round), 20 seasonal beers (brewed only at certain times of the year) and a specialty mead. As well the Bushwakker Brewpub menu has a diverse dining selection as well as seasonal choices. Bushwakker also serves some of the finest single malt scotch, 100% blue agave tequilas and specialty imported European beers available.
“We do have gluten-free options at Bushwakker and once in a while our soup of the day and daily special will be gluten free. We don’t have specially created gluten-free items on our menu but can modify existing menu items to make them gluten-free. I don’t know if this is exactly what you are looking for but we offer the following gluten-free options:
- Salt & pepper chicken wings
- Regular nachos or regular nachos with unseasoned chicken
- Cabbage rolls
- Taco salad or taco salad with unseasoned chicken
- Caesar salad without croutons, garlic toast or dressing
- Chopped salad without salami
- Greek salad without dressing but olive oil and balsamic are available
- Unseasoned steak sandwich without bread but with extra fries
- Chicken club without bread or dressing
- Reuben sandwich without bread
- Chicken burger without the bun
- Beef Dip without the bun
- Greek Chicken Wrap without the tortilla and no dressing
*Separate Gluten Free Fryers”
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Thursday – 11:00 AM to 1:00 AM•
Friday and Saturday – 11:00 AM to 2:00 AM•
Address:2206 Dewdney Avenue
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Fax: (306) 359-7750