No Bake Chocolate oat Bar
March 22, 2017
The oats give them a delicious crunch, and the chocolate drizzle gives them the perfect amount of sweetness. Even better? All you need to do is mix them up, stick them in the fridge, and enjoy. Let us demonstrate this simple sweet, then read on for the full recipe so you can try them yourself.
Makes 16 to 20 bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats (Gluten Free)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
- Line a 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Heat over low-heat, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the oats, cinnamon and kosher salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out the mixture evenly, pressing down.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and the peanut butter. Heat on high in the microwave, in increments of 40 seconds, stirring in between each increment, until melted and fully combined.
- Pour ⅘ of the chocolate mixture into the pan over the pressed oats, reserving about ¼ cup for drizzling. Top with the remaining oats and drizzle with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.
For more dessert recipes see here