Gluten Free Fudge Brownies Using Everyday Ingredients:
9 oz. gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips (Nestle’s or Enjoy Mini Chips for dairy-free)
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter (or Earth Balance Spread for dairy-free), cut into pieces
1/2 cup cornstarch (or potato starch)
1/4 cup gluten-free Dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey’s, Ghirardelli)
1/4 teaspoon salt (omit if you use salted butter)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 to 7/8 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Oil an 8-inch square baking pan. If you wish to cut pretty slices that will not break, line pan with parchment paper after oiling, leaving an overhang on at least two sides; and set it aside.
- Whisk cornstarch, cocoa, and salt; and set aside.
- In a heat-proof bowl, large enough to eventually fit all ingredients, over a pan of simmering water, melt butter and chocolate and whisk together.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk in one egg at a time until thoroughly combined and mixture is smooth (no sugar granules showing).
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir or whisk until combined.
- Fold the nuts into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared pan and evenly distribute.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean. (If your oven bakes uneven, turn pan around halfway through baking.)
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Once baked, transfer brownies to a serving plate using the overhung parchment paper; and cut into squares; or cut in pan and serve. If using a metal pan, use a plastic to knife to cut them to prevent scratches
This recipe is taken from: glutenfreerecipebox.com/gluten-free-fudge-brownies/ © Carla’s Gluten Free Recipe Box