Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites are quick and easy to make, making them ideal for a weeknight or any time really. The quinoa can be made ahead of time (otherwise that usually takes about 15 minutes to make). Then the mixture takes minutes to whip together and bakes for 15 to 20 minutes. This recipe makes about 3 dozen bites and leftovers reheat perfectly as well.
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1½ cups water (or vegetable broth or chicken broth)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Crushed red pepper (optional) to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, combine quinoa and water (or broth) and cook according to package directions. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, eggs, broccoli, onion, garlic, cheese and paprika.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Put a heaping tablespoonful of quinoa mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then gently remove from pan to cool completely.
This is taken from: http://alidaskitchen.com/2014/03/27/broccoli-cheddar-quinoa-bites/