3 cups oatmeal (I use only ONLY OATS)
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
5 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cover a large baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix oatmeal and coconut in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix sugar and cocoa together in medium sized saucepan.
- Add milk and butter.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- When mixture has boiled, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Immediately pour over oatmeal and coconut and mix well .
- Working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls on to prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until firm and then place in cookie tins.
Keep in a cool place. Makes about 2 -2 1/2 doz. cookies.