Packed with vitamin C and fibre, cauliflower also comes in shades of green, purple and orange. The cauliflower is a cousin of broccoli and cabbage.
One floret and you’re hooked.
TOTAL TIME: 0:35
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. GF panko breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. barbecue sauce
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Ranch dressing, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour and cauliflower, Toss until fully coated.
- Set up a dredging station: In one bowl, add panko breadcrumbs and in another bowl whisk eggs and add 2 tablespoons water. Dip cauliflower in beaten eggs, then panko until fully coated. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, warm barbecue sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and garlic powder.
- Coat baked cauliflower in sauce and serve with ranch if desired.